Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

It seems like I spent most of the day with Dad. I took him to McDonalds for breakfast in the morning and then went to get him a haircut. However, he got lost trying to direct me to the barber. However, considering the configuration of the strip mall in conjunction with all the other large stores in the area, it's kind of a maze anyway.

After I dropped Dad off, I returned at 2:40 P.M. to take Dad to Dr. Henderson, his urologist at Lakeview Hospital. Dad and I waited until 4:00 P.M. before Dad was called in. This was a follow up appt. appt. to assess the meds Dad was prescribed with a diagnosis where Dad isn't emptying his bladder when going to the bathroom. At about 4:30 P.M. Dad walked out of the treatment area and said he was ready to go.

As we left, Dad confided in me that the doctor requested a urine sample and then left him hanging in the "secondary waiting room" too long before he lost patience and then left. So, Dad never saw the doctor. (He did provide the urine sample, however.) After Dad told me that, I went back to let the receptionist know that Dad left early (because they had no clue) and Dad didn't actually see the urologist after all. I gave them my number and told them to call me with concerns and issues of follow up. They told me that they couldn't disclose patient information; so I obtained a patient consent form and filled it out and had Dad sign it after we got home. I then returned to Lakeview to give them the consent form; so that they can inform me of further situations.

Happy happy Joy joy.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe waiting until after Christmas to find him an Assisted Living Place is too long to wait! These are not good signs. Todd, you and I should take a half a day next week and do some investigating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny story! Den and I are babysitting Tristen's kids this week. At the same time, we are trying to repair our damaged basement after a major flood, all the floors, the walls, baseboards etc. Tristen's 1 year old won't take a nap and had been so fussy. I said to the painter, I'll trade you jobs, as I was holding a screaming baby. He said, "I'd rather do that, then do what I'm doing right now. I'm taking care of my wife's aging father! He is getting dementia and being so mean to everyone" I laughed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good Kathryn. Monday or Tuesday works for me.

    ReplyDelete