Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Monday, October 5, 2009

Sheryl and I caught up with Dad and took him out to dinner tonight. I had a $25 card for Chilis; so we decided to take him there. On the way there, we passed by the Centerville corporate offices where Dad pointed and said, I have a bill to pay; I need to go there.

I reminded him that he and I did that last week. To save face, he backed off and said that he had received another bill even though he was paid up through November as a result of the last visit. So, he's doing better; but is still struggling with his short term memory.

He also told Sheryl and I that he has nearly decided to purchase a new vehicle. Our response was silence (which I think is best when he makes a statement like that.)

We enjoyed Chilis and then took Dad to Walmart to get some headache meds and dogfood for us. Dad is still blown away by Jeffrey R. Holland's talk (as are we).

2 comments:

  1. Boy, you're not just kidding about Elder Holland's Book of Mormon talk!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If he goes out and buys another car, we are in trouble!

    His last two conference talks have been off the charts amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete