Thursday, September 10, 2009

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tues. 9/8/09
Gary called and said he had a bad weekend with his migraines (even spent an evening in the ER) and asked if I could take his place today. Dad was a little upset when I arrived, but was calmer during his McDonald run. He said our visits weren't working because no one was coming. I reminded him of the people that had come the last couple of days, and then he remembered. We had a pleasant visit and then purchased some food items. I think it's best if we buy food items that he doesn't have to prepare in any way, just take out of the box and eat. He was excited about two new t-shirts I bought him. He picked them out and they were only $5.00 each. Got to love Wal-Mart! He said he needed t-shirts because his other shirts were too hot. He also bought bananas, OJ, granola bars, mini cupcakes and twinkies. (Not that healthy, but it's what he wanted) After Wal-Mart I took him home, did the dishes, and then we went to the hardware store to get batteries for his remote control in the Living Room. He was excited to watch TV in the Living Room. He talked a lot about the photos of mom that he thought were at Fish Lake. He wrote on the back of them they were taken at Fish Lake. He was so excited to think that she went to Fish Lake with him at one time! Whether it's true or not, it doesn't matter! He needs to believe she did! I hope she did!
We talked for a while, then before I left, I reminded him of his doctor's appointment on Thursday. About a month ago he asked me to make an appointment with a doctor to help him with his dementia. I promised him either me or Dennis would be there to take him. He had to fast 12 hours before the physical. He was pretty happy when I left.

1 comment:

  1. Dad said the same thing, when I visited. He said that he needed to get groceries and no one had come. It seemed like an overstatement to me. He did need a few things, but not that much.

    In a short visit, it was hard to figure out if it was true. Purhaps this blog will help out with that.

    Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete